Monday, July 7, 2014


Written as a gift to this incredibly talented writer, beautiful woman that I have the honor to call a  friend – Stephanie Kusiak -, in celebration the publishing of  her book Lost & Love. Millions of “thank yous” to Steph  for the permission to post it here. 

Loosely based on the characters of Lost & Love – from what my mind thinks is Rachel’s POV


I scream YOU. I scream of the solitude, of absence.
I scream anger. YOU, altruist fool. I scream at YOU.
I scream hard and long and forever. I scream for lost time.
I scream YOUR name like is everything and anything I need.
I scream of longing and wants and surprises.
I scream because YOU are here.
I scream YOUR NAME.

I read YOU. I read YOUR language. Braille.
I read YOU with my fingertips. Digitals discovering skin, tracing pleasure.
I read YOU softly and carefully. I read YOU.
I read YOU South and North. My universe. My ground. My future.
I read YOU. My map, my treasure. Every inch. Geography.
I read YOU mine.
I read YOU out loud.

I write YOU.
I write YOU with my tongue. I write YOU in symbols and numbers.
I write YOU, my alphabet.
I write YOU promises and curses. I write YOU, my will, my testament.
I write YOU of loss and pain and of YOUR stupid sacrifice. I write YOU scars.
I write YOU of encounters and hope.
And we write dialects together. We only understand it.
I write YOU in my life.

I sing YOU. I sing YOUR NAME.
I sing YOU because YOU are notes, and melodies and lyrics.
I sing YOU, muffled, hot, wild, sweet.
I sing YOU and my mouth is full of YOU.
I sing YOU. I sing YOU praises while lips trace mounts and peaks and valleys.
I sing YOU. I sing YOU. I sing whispers and promises.
I sing YOU welcome.
I sing YOU home.




No comments:

Post a Comment